Drivers in the market for a used car may have a hard time deciding which vehicles to consider due to the plethora of makes and models available. To help narrow down the field, Edmunds compiles an annual list of the “Used Car Best Bets,” their editors top choices based on reliability, safety, value, and availability.
Broken down by segment and limited to model years 2005 through 2010, Edmund’s list of best used car choices is determined by combining several sources of information including their expert’s experiences, consumer ratings, crash test safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, market value, and cost of ownership. Availability is also considered as competition drives down prices and improves the vehicle’s overall value.
This year’s winners include:
- Nissan Altima – Best Midsize Sedan
- Honda CR-V – Best Compact SUV/Crossover
- Chevrolet Tahoe – Best Large SUV-Crossover
- Ford F-F150 – Best Large Truck
- Infiniti G35/G37 – Best Luxury
- Toyota Prius – Best Hybrid