Pickups are among the most popular vehicles in the U.S., and it’s easy to see why. These models offer durability, rugged capabilities, and sporty appeal you just can’t find elsewhere. Plus, with more open road and wider streets than most other countries, America seems to be designed for trucks. Read on to discover the top five reasons to buy a pickup.
5. Pickups are about freedom. Men in particular love pickups, though more and more women are learning about the appeal of a truck. Rugged capabilities and bold design give trucks a certain outdoor appeal that you just don’t get with a hatchback. Plus, these vehicles are generally considered work vehicles, which makes dings, dents, dirt, and scratches more like natural features than maintenance issues.
4. Trucks tend to be safer. Sure pickups are big and heavy, but that also means they protect you better in the event of a crash. In addition to their large, rigid designs, many trucks also have the latest safety systems and 5-Star Safety Ratings, including the Chevy Silverado and Ford F-150.
3. Love it or hate it, trucks can be attention grabbers. According to AutoGuide, modified full-size pickups are usually the largest vehicles on the road—short of semis, that is—and they often have bold looks as well. With loud engines, thick exhaust, and fat tires, it’s easy to show off in a pickup.
2. Tailgating is much more fun with a bed. Truck beds give you a platform to do virtually anything, whether it’s to work, party, or even camp. Outdoor lovers often choose trucks because they are just so versatile, including their beds.
1. Utility—plain and simple. Trucks make work easier, especially when you have a full-size pickup that can tow up to 12,000 pounds. Whether you are moving a friend or hauling a boat, trucks can do just about anything that involves work.
To learn more about different types of trucks and reasons to buy, visit us at Pfeiffer Plainfield Used Cars and let us show you more of the benefits of owning a pickup truck.